A software support subscription entitles the customer to full customer support technical assistance and product upgrades.
When you purchase a group of 20 or more licenses – or, for Workshare Protect, a group of 50 or more licenses – a software support subscription is included.
Perpetual software license holders must purchase an annual software support subscription by contacting their sales team.
Workshare’s standard customer support is selected by most clients and includes 24x7x365 assistance. This offering includes software upgrades and technical assistance.
Platinum Support provides the highest level of support available and includes a dedicated Technical Account Manager and access to 24x7x365 support.
Installation-only Support (fewer than 20 licenses)
To clients without a support plan, installation-only phone support is available for 30 days from the date of purchase. Clients wishing to receive all the benefits of a customer support plan must purchase a software support contract to accompany their software purchase.
|Description||Platinum Support Contract||Customer Support Contract||Installation-Only
|Access and Response|
|Access to Technical
|24x7x365 for critical issues. Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. local business hours for standard questions.
(Priority 1 critical cases outside business hours must be submitted via the support portal (2)
|Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
local business hours
|Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.PST (available for the first 30 days from product purchase date only)|
|Emergency Support Access||✔|
|Priority Case Handling and Resolution||✔|
|Maintenance Engineering FastTrack (3)||✔|
|Dedicated Tech Account Manager (TAM)||✔|
|Named account contacts (4)||5||3||1|
|Software Enhancements & Updates|
|Service Releases (5)||✔||✔|
|Customer portal (available)||24 x 7 x 365||24 x 7 x 365|
|My Account (case, status, solutions)||✔||✔|
|My Software Downloads||✔||✔|
|Site Visits (by TAM) (6)||2 x per year|
|Priority invitation to product beta programs||✔|
|Priority invitation to
Special User events
|Platinum email list for priority notifications||✔|
1. Customer’s time zone, regional holidays excluded.
2. Platinum clients should log, out of hours, priority 1 business critical issues via the support portal. If you do not currently have access to the portal please contact your technical account manager.
3. Support for the current major release of software and the previous major release for 12 months.
4. Only named contacts are authorized to log cases online or via telephone. Each contact will have a unique login/password to access E-Services and product download areas.
5. Service releases are generally built for the current major version of products only.
6. Customer pays for travel expenses which will be estimated in advance of client site visits.