Last updated: June 27, 2012
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time, without notice and in our sole discretion. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "last updated" date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our website and services to understand the information practices that apply.
1. What Personal Information does Workshare collect from you?
We collect Personal Information from you in various ways when you use our website and services. "Personal Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a name, address, telephone number or email address, or other information about an individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal Information does not include aggregate or anonymized data, and nothing in this Policy restricts or limits our collection, use and disclosure of such data.
Information You Provide. In general, you can visit the Workshare website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. Sometimes, however, we will require or request you to provide Personal Information in connection with the use of our website or services. Generally this information is collected when you (1) register before downloading software; (2) register for attendance to an online seminar, demo, seminar or tradeshow; (3) fill out a sales information request or contact form; (4) become a registered user; (5) sign up for a mailing list; (6) contact us; (7) enter a sweepstakes or other promotional/informational feature via our website or services; or (8) complete a survey that we use for research. We may also collect Personal Information that is contained in the files, documents, photos and other materials that you upload to our website or services.
Information Collected by Third Parties. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website and services. These companies may place cookies or other tracking technologies on our website and services to collect non-personal information about your visits to and use of our website and services, including your IP address, pages viewed and conversion information. This information may be used by third parties to, among other things, analyze data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising targeted to your interests and better understand the usage and visitation of our website and services and other third party websites tracked by these third parties. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, cookies or other tracking technologies in third party ads and we encourage you to check the privacy policies of advertisers and/or ad services to learn more about their privacy practices. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of this use of your information, please click here.
2. How does Workshare use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information collected through our website and services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the website or services. For example, we may use Personal Information as follows:
- to provide the services, products or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to request feedback and to enable us to operate, develop, customize and improve our website and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Workshare or our partners or other third parties and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of our website and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries; for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Workshare that better meet your needs;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends and to personalize the website and our users' experiences on the website;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate and share files with users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest;
- to notify you about important changes to our website; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
By using our website and services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information as set out in this Policy and you acknowledge that we may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
3. How does Workshare disclose Personal Information?
Workshare will not share the Personal Information we collect with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on our website or services. For example, we may share Personal Information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the website and services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with other users with whom you choose to share files, documents, photos and other materials;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if you opt-in to sharing Personal Information or if we disclose on our website or services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, financing, merger or sale of all or a substantial portion of our business, with or to another company.
4. Links to third party websites and services.
Our website and services may contain links to other sites and services on the Internet, which are owned and operated by our partners, customers, advertisers and other third parties. We have not reviewed and will not review these websites and services which are linked to the Workshare website. We have no control over such external sites, do not endorse any external sites and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials that may appear on or may be available on, from or through any such external site. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site or services, they should read the privacy statements of each and every site and service before providing any personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites or services, and their data collection practices are not covered by this Policy.
5. What options do you have regarding collection, use, distribution and change of your Personal Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
6. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information?
Workshare takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
7. Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Policy, please contact us.