In July, we announced Litera Microsystems and Workshare were joining forces to be one company. The benefits for customers include a simplified relationship, simplified support & software updates, and a simplified desktop for their users.
We promised transparency and communication, and as part of that, committed to decisions about future product platforms as early in the process as possible.
Our Approach to Products
We have a proven track record of integrating companies in a way that results in minimal disruption for our customers and we’re making that same commitment now.
- All products will continue to be supported and updated for the foreseeable future.
- Where there is product overlap, we will be spending the next 12 to 18 months working on a future product that contains the best features of both products.
- For comparison, we will be building on the Workshare Compare platform.
- For metadata and security, we will be building on the Metadact platform.
- Regardless of which product you are currently on, or are about to buy, you will be provided with an update path to the future product that minimizes disruption.
Our Product by Product Assessment
Workshare Compare Server & Desktop: Today, Workshare Compare can be integrated within Litera Desktop. Over the next year, we will build upon the Workshare Compare platform with Change-Pro features, such as improved table handling, comparing embedded objects, and OCR support.
Change-Pro Premier: Over the next year, we will incorporate Change-Pro features into Workshare Compare to deliver a best-of-breed solution. We will provide a path that allows you to update to the new solution if you choose to do so.
Metadact: Today, Metadact includes functionality to prevent potential email data leaks and common email errors. Over the next year, we will build upon the Metadact platform to include additional sensitive data handling features and additional data loss prevention capabilities.
Workshare Secure - Protect Server & Desktop: Over the next year, we will incorporate Workshare Secure features into Metadact to deliver a best-of-breed solution. We will provide a path that allows you to update to the solution if you choose to do so.
Workshare Secure - Detect Server: The product will continue to be supported but there will be no additional enhancements.
Providing options for our customers is extremely important to us. We know there is always a level of uncertainty and anxiety around the impact of these types of events, which is why our goal is to remain fully transparent and share our process and conclusions.
For additional questions, make sure to read our newly updated FAQs on our integration communications page or reach out to your regular contacts.