San Francisco, CA, July 23, 2012 - Workshare, a leading provider of document collaboration software, today unveils Workshare Point version 1.5 which adds new and enhanced features to make the SharePoint and Microsoft Outlook integration software even more of a seamless solution.
The newest version of Workshare Point enables:
- Easy navigation of SharePoint Views when filing a document. SharePoint Views provide the alternative to viewing data within a library without the use of traditional folders. With Workshare Point 1.5 users can navigate SharePoint Views when filing a document, making it easier to organize, present, and consume data.
- Access to managed metadata to achieve a more consistent use of terminology and better search results as well as allow centralized management.When filing a document or email to a SharePoint 2010 Document Library with Workshare Point 1.5, users are presented with a dynamically generated profile screen based on storage location that can leverage the managed metadata service taxonomy for consistent and well-structured tagging of documents.
"Workshare continues to improve and enhance Workshare Point, making it seamless for us to utilize the best of SharePoint while staying in the familiar Microsoft Outlook environment," said Allen Brewer, Chief Information Officer for Flushing Bank. "We are looking forward to utilizing the newest features which will make the collaboration platform easier to navigate and work more efficiently."
The new Workshare Point 1.5 will be demonstrated at SPTechCon 2012, the SharePoint conference, in Boston this week, July 22-25. Workshare will be at Booth 303 at the conference at the Westin Copley Place Hotel.
Given the overwhelming desire of most employees to work within the familiar structure of Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications, an application to integrate SharePoint to Outlook has become essential to increasing SharePoint user adoption. Because Workshare Point allows direct access to SharePoint from Office, users can easily:
- Drag and drop email attachments into SharePoint
- Preview email messages stored in SharePoint from within Outlook
- File emails on Send with one click
- Select multiple emails to file or delete
- Track and manage incoming email more efficiently with suggestive filing
"Organizations have invested in SharePoint and are looking for solutions to ensure adoption," said Scott Smull, CEO of Workshare. "This latest release allows users to better leverage SharePoint Views and managed metadata, and ultimately helps organizations increase SharePoint adoption through better access to SharePoint functionality."
Workshare Point 1.5 is available for 14 day free trial downloads at www.workshare.com