Workshare Professional features
With input often required from multiple parties, document review cycles can be a bottleneck in the document production lifecycle. Workshare Professional 9 takes the pain out of the process. Users can manage multiple versions of documents seamlessly to speed up the review cycle and ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- View all changes within a document, whether it’s to text, tables, or diagrams/images within Word or PDF files
- See document changes in one simple view for faster navigation and review cycles
- Compare documents directly from a DMS or ECM system, including SharePoint, HP Worksite, OpenText, and Documentum
- Apply agreed changes directly in the DeltaView Redline, without shifting between applications
For The User
- Only the most relevant changes are displayed
- Edits are categorized making it easier to see what’s changed
- Modified versions of attachments are highlighted via email and can be compared directly from Outlook
For the IT Pro
- Simple deployment on Windows desktop environment
- Integrates with DMS and ECM systems to leverage existing legacy investment
Business documents often contain more information than is visible. Sensitive data, otherwise known as metadata, can be hidden within documents and inadvertently shared by users. Metadata can include track changes and comments in Word, or hidden cells in Excel. Workshare Professional 9 mitigates risk by identifying metadata within documents and ensuring only the information users intend to share, is shared.
- Automatic alert of metadata within documents sent via Outlook
- Options to remove metadata, convert file to PDF or replace attachment with a secure link
- Set access restrictions to content, including expiry dates and password-protected PDF files
For The User
- Clean metadata easily with no disruption to workflow
- View what the recipient will see, before documents are sent
For the IT Pro
- Manage metadata risk by setting up corporate-wide, location- or department-specific policies
- Increase visibility and control over content being shared externally
- Gain valuable insight into sharing behavior to shape and refine security policies
During review cycles managing changes and controlling versions, while maintaining the integrity of documents, is a challenge. Workshare Professional replaces unnecessary noise and complexity with a clear, streamlined review process that allows users to understand, discuss and implement changes better, evolving document versions faster.
- Get an Automatic Change Notification when changes have been made to attachments received by email after a review
- Apply agreed changes directly in the DeltaView Redline for faster and more streamlined review cycles
- Share to Workshare Connect directly from Microsoft Word or Compare for anytime, anywhere access
For The User
- See real-time review activity and comments from reviewers online directly in Microsoft Office
- Maintain document ownership, version control and integrity
- Create a centralized view of files, comments and changes to keep everyone up to date throughout the review process
For the IT Pro
- Eliminate document corruption and integrity issues
- Gain full visibility into how content is shared, with whom, and on what device
- Maintain complete control over who - including external parties – has access to corporate data
CONNECT WITH DMS
With multiple repositories and methods of sharing files, document owners risk version control issues and information overload. Workshare Professional ties together document sources and the workflow users are familiar with, with tools to increase the efficiency of reviews and comply with document management processes - all under the control of the document owner.
- Tight integration with iManage, OpenText and other popular ECM/DMS solutions
- Two-way sync whenever a new version is added to either the DMS or Workshare Connect
- Sync full activity logs back to DMS to provide full visibility over the documents while living in Workshare Connect
For The User
- Access content held in the DMS or ECM system seamlessly from any desktop or mobile device
- Keep track of file versions when reviewing inside and outside of the organization
- Control changes and accurately capture edits from all reviewers before checking back in
For the IT Pro
- Fully control access to files within the ECM or DMS without exposing internal systems to external users
- Leverage existing IT investments to enable new collaborative opportunities
- Keep track of file versions being shared with external parties
- Meet compliance regulations by importing the full audit history of files activity
- Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- 1GB free disk space
- Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- 2GB RAM
- 2GB free disk space
Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect 9 have been tested and certified in a number of environments. If your environment is not included in the following list, it may still be a compatible environment. Contact Workshare Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for any help.
For details of which environments previous versions of Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect were certified against, refer to previous versions of release notes on the knowledge base. Note: Unless otherwise stated, all environments are the English version with the en-us language set.OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32bit and 64bit) + Japanese
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 7.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.5
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2008 SP1 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.6
Note: Check with your Citrix vendor about which Windows operating system supports your version of Citrix.MICROSOFT OFFICE SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 (32-bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 SP1 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 SP2 (32-bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1
Note:Interactive Protect and the replace email attachment with link feature of Workshare Protect is not supported in a Lotus Notes environment.
Note: The NetDocuments integration requires that Microsoft Internet Explorer is installed (the NetDocuments login screen is displayed in an IE iframe) although it does not have to be the default browser.AUTONOMY IMANAGE:
- FileSite 9.0 Update 4 (+ EMM)
- FileSite 9.0 Update 5 (+ EMM)
- Filesite 8.5 SP3 Update 5
- DeskSite 9.0 Update 5
- DeskSite 8.5 SP3 Update 5/6
- eDOCS DM 5.3 COM only (Patch 5 Rollup 4 & 5)
- eDOCS DM 5.3.1 COM only (Patch 5)
Note: Workshare recommends WBGX Version ID: 6EB.688.D48 (Mar 28 2014) 11.0 or later.
Workshare will endeavor to support future service packs of certified environments.
Workshare Professional 9 - Data Sheet
Professional 9 enhances multi-party collaboration so that users can work at the pace demanded by their organization, with the precision required by their professionDOWNLOAD HERE
Workshare Professional 9 - Tech Brief
Workshare Professional combines world-leading comparison and metadata scrubbing features to remove hidden and sensitive data from attachments in one, simple, desktop productDOWNLOAD HERE
Office 365 Integration - Data Sheet
Workshare has partnered with Microsoft to bring industry-leading comparison and metadata removal capabilities to Office 365 users. With this integration, users can now access, compare, and securely share files from anywhere, on any device.DOWNLOAD HERE
"We have a great deal of experience working with clients in the public and private sector so we needed a highly secure platform that would allow our customers and consultants to access and collaborate on documents remotely."
“Managing large volumes of documents and amendments from multiple authors, in multiple Microsoft Word formats, can become a serious cost issue when your document crashes and one of your lawyers spends 12 hours trying to fix it."
"It’s rare to find a product that works so well and meets the specific needs of our firm. Workshare allows us to make better use of our IT resources because it’s completely automated and doesn’t require any intervention from users."
Try Workshare Professional
free for 14 days.
During your trial you’ll get access to free 1:1 tuition.
We’ll help set you up to get the most from Workshare Professional.
For Windows Systems (32 & 64 bit)
For Microsoft Office for Windows (32 bit)
Companies who use Workshare