Sensitive data can be hidden within documents and inadvertently sent outside your organization. Track changes and comments in Word, notes in PowerPoint or hidden formulas in Excel can damage business reputation, or result in costly data breaches.
Workshare Protect identifies and cleans metadata from documents, removing the risk of unintentional data leakage.
- Protect identifies and cleans hidden sensitive data from documents
- Remove the risk of unintentional data leakage
- Set policies to automatically clean attachments based on specific criteria
- Clean metadata easily with no disruption to workflow
- See the recipient’s view before a document is sent
- Set up file restrictions to control how content is accessed
- Manage metadata risk by setting up corporate-wide, location- or department-specific policies
- Increase visibility and control over content being shared externally
- Gain valuable insight into sharing behaviour to shape and refine security policies
SHARE FOR REVIEW
Share high-value content as links to Workshare Connect and provide recipients with collaboration features that make reviews simpler and faster.
- Share large files as links directly from Outlook or Microsoft Office
- Keep control of documents with authenticated access to, and permissions over content
- Enable online commenting to eliminate complex email exchanges
- Give reviewers controlled access to content from any device
For The User
- Access documents from anywhere
- Share content for review regardless of file size - no need to resort to FTP
- Gain file-version control and give reviewers commenting and file comparison capabilities
- Set up corporate-wide policies that automatically convert large files into encrypted links or into a password protected PDF
- Maximize Outlook storage and management requirements
- Eliminate unsanctioned apps and gives users a secure environment for accessing, sharing, and syncing documents
- Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- 1GB free disk space
- Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- 2GB RAM
- 2GB free disk space
Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect 9 have been tested and certified in a number of environments. If your environment is not included in the following list, it may still be a compatible environment. Contact Workshare Customer Support (email@example.com ) for any help.
For details of which environments previous versions of Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect were certified against, refer to previous versions of release notes on the knowledge base. Note: Unless otherwise stated, all environments are the English version with the en-us language set.OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 7.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.5
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2008 SP1 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.6
Note: Check with your Citrix vendor about which Windows operating system supports your version of Citrix.MICROSOFT OFFICE SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 SP1 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 SP2 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1
Note:Interactive Protect and the replace email attachment with link feature of Workshare Protect is not supported in a Lotus Notes environment.
Note: Interactive Protect and the replace email attachment with link feature of Workshare Protect is not supported in a Lotus Notes environment.NETDOCUMENTS
Note: The NetDocuments integration requires that Microsoft Internet Explorer is installed (the NetDocuments login screen is displayed in an IE iframe) although it does not have to be the default browser.AUTONOMY IMANAGE:
- FileSite 9.0 Update 4 (+ EMM)
- FileSite 9.0 Update 5 (+ EMM)
- DeskSite 9.0 Update 4 (+ EMM)
- DeskSite 8.5 SP3 Update 6
- eDOCS DM 5.3 COM only (Patch 5 Rollup 4 & 5)
- eDOCS DM 5.3.1 COM only (Patch 5)
Note: Workshare recommends WBGX Version ID: 6EB.688.D48 (Mar 28 2014) 11.0 or later.
Workshare will endeavor to support future service packs of certified environments.
Workshare® Protect Server - Data Sheet
Eliminate the risk of leaking sensitive data by setting up a granular policy that understands email and attachment content – and hidden data – to protect files shared via email, webmail, and mobile devices.DOWNLOAD HERE
Workshare® Interactive Protect - Technical Brief
With Workshare Interactive Protect, all hidden data in email attachments – including track changes and comments left in documents – is highlighted for users.DOWNLOAD HERE
Try Workshare Protect
free for 30 days.
During your trial you’ll get access to free 1:1 tuition.
We’ll help set up you to get the most from Workshare Protect.
Companies who use Workshare