Thank you, a member of the Workshare Sales team will be in touch.
METADATA REMOVAL & Management Software
Sensitive data can be hidden within documents and inadvertently sent outside your organization. Track changes and comments in Word, notes in PowerPoint or hidden formulas in Excel can damage business reputation, or result in costly data breaches.
Workshare Protect is a document protection tool that identifies and cleans metadata from documents, removing the risk of unintentional data leakage.
- Protect identifies and cleans hidden sensitive data from documents
- Remove the risk of unintentional data leakage
- Set policies to automatically clean attachments based on specific criteria
- Clean metadata easily with no disruption to workflow
- See the recipient’s view before a document is sent
- Set up file restrictions to control how content is accessed
- Manage metadata risk by setting up corporate-wide, location- or department-specific policies
- Increase visibility and control over content being shared externally
- Gain valuable insight into sharing behaviour to shape and refine security policies
SHARE FOR REVIEW
Share high-value content as links to Workshare Connect and provide recipients with collaboration features that make reviews simpler and faster.
- Share large files as links directly from Outlook or Microsoft Office
- Keep control of documents with authenticated access to, and permissions over content
- Enable online commenting to eliminate complex email exchanges
- Give reviewers controlled access to content from any device
For The User
- Access documents from anywhere
- Share content for review regardless of file size - no need to resort to FTP
- Gain file-version control and give reviewers commenting and file comparison capabilities
- Set up corporate-wide policies that automatically convert large files into encrypted links or into a password protected PDF
- Maximize Outlook storage and management requirements
- Eliminate unsanctioned apps and gives users a secure environment for accessing, sharing, and syncing documents
- Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- 1GB free disk space
- Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- 2GB RAM
- 2GB free disk space
Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect 9 have been tested and certified in a number of environments. If your environment is not included in the following list, it may still be a compatible environment. Contact Workshare Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for any help.
For details of which environments previous versions of Workshare Professional/Compare/Protect were certified against, refer to previous versions of release notes on the knowledge base. Note: Unless otherwise stated, all environments are the English version with the en-us language set.OPERATING SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32bit and 64bit) + Japanese
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 7.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.5
- With Microsoft Windows R2 Server 2008 SP1 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.6
Note: Check with your Citrix vendor about which Windows operating system supports your version of Citrix.MICROSOFT OFFICE SYSTEM:
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 (32-bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 SP1 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32-bit) + Japanese
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 SP2 (32-bit) + Chinese Simplified & French
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP3 (32-bit)
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0
- IBM Lotus Notes 9.0.1
Note:Interactive Protect and the replace email attachment with link feature of Workshare Protect is not supported in a Lotus Notes environment.
Note: The NetDocuments integration requires that Microsoft Internet Explorer is installed (the NetDocuments login screen is displayed in an IE iframe) although it does not have to be the default browser.AUTONOMY IMANAGE:
- FileSite 9.0 Update 4 (+ EMM)
- FileSite 9.0 Update 5 (+ EMM)
- DeskSite 9.0 Update 5
- DeskSite 8.5 SP3 Update 5/6
- eDOCS DM 5.3 COM only (Patch 5 Rollup 4 & 5)
- eDOCS DM 5.3.1 COM only (Patch 5)
Note: Workshare recommends WBGX Version ID: 6EB.688.D48 (Mar 28 2014) 11.0 or later.
Workshare will endeavor to support future service packs of certified environments.
Workshare Protect 9 - Data Sheet
Fast, accurate document comparisons and document protection with visualization and tracking tools to help you progress reviews more confidently and much faster.DOWNLOAD HERE
Workshare Protect Server - Tech Brief
Workshare Protect Server eliminates the risk of exposing sensitive data.DOWNLOAD HERE
Workshare Protect for HP LinkSite - Data Sheet
Reduce risk from hidden sensitive data with metadata cleaning options when sharing documents.DOWNLOAD HERE
"The ability to easily integrate into our Livelink meant we could take the additional benefits of Workshare such as efficient document comparison while allowing users to continue using the DMS they're familiar with."
IT ManagerTullow Oil
"As part of our strategy to transition to SaaS, it was important that we found a supplier that could host our data and documents in the UK. Workshare gives us complete control, while still being simple to use."
Head of Information SystemsTSP
"We looked at ShareFile and Dropbox, and decided to go for Workshare as we have a very long relationship with the company. We tested the application and it covered all our requirements and we went for it!"
Try Workshare Protect
free for 14 days.
During your trial you’ll get access to free 1:1 tuition.
We’ll help set you up to get the most from Workshare Protect.
For Windows Systems (32 & 64 bit)
For Microsoft Office for Windows (32 bit)
Companies who use Workshare